Being coached by Mary Mantei has enabled me to be a more productive and effective teacher as well as a more capable leader. The 5 aspects that have impacted me the most are the language, goal setting, accountability, creativity and management.
- Language: The language used & learned in coaching is enabling and empowering.
- Goal Setting: Coaching enables teachers to identify their values and then create goals based on them. Goals that are specific, realistic, attainable, written and really do happen!
- Accountability: Knowing that you’ve made a commitment not only to yourself but to someone else has a major impact on the likelihood that a goal will be attained. Having a coach does this for teachers.
- Creativity / Brainstorming: Innovation is where the future lies both in our schools and for America. Coaching enables teachers to think creatively about their biggest challenges.
- Prioritization / Management of multiple roles: Time is the resource that teachers most need to manage and use effectively. Coaching is enabling in providing an opportunity to set priorities and more easily and effectively manage the multiple roles & tasks that are essential for success today.
The time I spent being coached by Mary has enabled me to be a better teacher, take on more responsibility, and enhanced the happiness of my life.
Janiece Lee, Teacher
Rockdale High School